Call for Tenders
Consultancy – Community Engagement Specialist – iro £4,000 spread over three years
Exeter Historic Buildings Trust has been awarded a National Lottery Heritage Fund grant for an ambitious three-year programme. – Building the future, conserving the past – establishing St Nicholas Priory as a community hub
The Trust is now seeking one or more consultants to further the programme.
The Trust has the following mission:
“To ensure St Nicholas Priory develops a clear identity and recognition as a place of historical and cultural significance. We will ensure that the building structure is sound and financial viability is underpinned by community enterprise activities run by a flourishing organisation. It will be an inclusive neighbourhood, community and city visitor asset that offers a warm welcome and brings people together. The building will be open regularly and capable of transforming itself for many different uses. This includes the development of St Nicholas Priory as a high functioning Community Hub – where culture, heritage and creativity meet.
Tenders are invited showing for following
- Previous experience
- An understanding of the requirements of the Trust
- Day rate
Bidders should send a completed bid to EHBTtenders@gmail.com by 17th September 2021 clearly marked COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
As part of the vision, the Trust has developed strategies around wellbeing, inclusion, and diversity. To further these objectives the Trust needs to recruit a community engagement specialist who will act as the Trust’s ambassador to the different communities within Exeter and who will inform the Trust of how it can best serve the needs of those communities. In particular, the specialist will identify:
- What uses (within the framework of this historic building) would serve different communities.
- How the heritage of this building and of the whole quarter can relate to these communities.
- How best the Trust can help and contribute to the development of creativity of both the different and collective community.
The specialist will be able to:
- Engage and communicate with people from different backgrounds.
- Work with community action groups to involve them in designing with St Nicholas Priory to deliver projects that help to improve local health and wellbeing.
- Develop our relationship with CEDA, an Exeter charity providing learning and social opportunities for disabled adults, children and young people.
- Involve different communities in our education and family learning programme generally and our project “climate change stories” . There will be further consultancies later in the year
- Build relationships, and connect people with skills, tools and networks around the Priory.
- Networking, developing, and sustaining positive relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds and age ranges – including residents, community leaders, local groups, services and organisations, and project partners.
- The specialist will liaise closely with Trust colleagues (who may be either staff or freelance) who are responsible for marketing, programmes and volunteer development, informing them of needs and ambitions of the diverse communities. The specialist will also work with the network of community builders across the City (www.wellbeingexeter.co.uk/community-building)
For an informal discussion prior to any submission please contact
- Jo Sinclair (vice-chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org